Thursday, April 26, 2007

Explore Park Chicky ride

Monday, April 23, 2007

We had 4 chicky's (5 including myself) come out for the first "Chicky" ride of the season. Temps were a little on the warm side...close to 80 but dry conditions for the ride. We had 2 "newbies" on the ride this evening, one who I knew from the gym where I do my winter work-outs, and another new to Roanoke. We stuck to the beginner trail, completing 3 laps this evening. No crashes to report (always a good thing) and the ladies had fun. One of our gals had so much energy left, she decided to get a run in! Whew..that's too much energy for me.

A few of the boyz were there to do some trailwork also. I wish I had brought the camera because one of the guys had a chainsaw strapped to the back of his bike w/ the blade facing backwards. It was quite a sight.

I'll post pics over the next few rides if I can remember to bring the camera. Ladies, come on out, we have a lot of fun & it's a great way to meet other ladies & ride w/ out the intimidation factor of the guys!

1 comment:

Jen said...

WHINE!!! I don't want to work 2nd shift anymore!!! I miss the chicky ride. Glad ya'll had fun. I will get out to ride with you sometime hopefully.