Monday, February 16, 2009

Bedford Mtn. Cross #2



What in the world is that? Yes, my friends, that is a bag of sand.

The second race in the Bedford mtn cross was Sunday...and I was a major sandbagger again. I ended up doing 5 laps on the 1.5 mile course. It was fun, fast & furious. I completed my first lap before many folks had gone off so I was a lap up on most of the expert boyz......got passed by hubby & some others but I was able to hold them off to take the checkered flag...or bag of sand....

Oh well...I guess that's what happens when you get a 20 minute head start. I felt much like a mechanical rabbit at a greyhound race. I didn't know where the riders were behind me...but I knew they were there....All I had to do was keep pedaling...or shoveling as the case may be!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Well said, but it's pretty damn cool to see your name at the top of the series standings. 7 minutes ahead of Scott Scheckman. You go CHICKY!!! That was a fun course wasn't it???

Great job!!!