Saturday, July 18, 2009

MMTT

Mill Mountain Time Trial

It was hard, and it was all up...except for a little section on Monument.
We started a 1:00 intervals, up the alley, then right on Sylvan road, then climb a little bit of Sylvan to the trailhead at Monument. The alley was steep...I wasn't feeling great on the alley or the road. Once I got on to Monument, I felt a little better. I settled into a groove & pedaled away. I soon caught one of the boyz up ahead...pedaled a little longer & caught a second boy! Woo hoo..I was stoked b/c I didn't think I catch the second one. Then there was a third just before the fun downhill part on Monument. Got around him & put the hammer down....Came out flying & took the right hand turn up ridgeline. I could tell someone was behind me but wasn't sure who. It turned out to be my teammate Adam CAldwell who started 2 minutes behind me. He was absolutely flying. ONce he got around me, he just flew up the hill. All that road biking he has been doing has made him super fast.
I got to the switchback on Ridgeline & passed one more person. Then I had to walk the switchback..this is where I lost a little time b/c I couldn't get clipped back in. I continued up....came out in the grass, got on the path & back into the grass. I got passed by 2 more really fast boys...one started 4 minutes back, the other 5 minutes....they were flying. It was all I could do to keep my pedals turning. It was so steep on this section. I lumbered through.
Total time 23:18......There was only one other chicky...she did it in 22:54..... I'm pleased w/ my result. I could sit here & go shoulda, coulda, woulda, but it doesn't change the final results. I gave it my best & that's all I can ask for. I did beat some boys so that's always a plus....
Tomorrow is the Carvin's Cove cross country.

1 comment:

SurlyGirl said...

Great Job. Good Luck Tomorrow!