Sunday, August 06, 2006

18mph

Saturday my hubby & I did a 50 miler along Bradshaw, down to Shawsville, then back. Temps finally weren't scorching hot in fact it was quite nice w/ temps in the mid 70's, a slight breeze & not much sun. I decided to go hard on this ride....instead of sitting and spinning through the climbs, I decided to attack each one & sprint as hard as I could. Warren did all of the pulling so my goal was to hold his wheel as much as possible. I was able to hang with him for the most part. My legs were a little tight through some of the sustained, gradual climbs. I continued to check my average speed through the ride...16.5 mph, then 17.5, 17.8, 17.9...as it ended up I had an average of 18 mph!!!! That may not seem like much to all you hammer heads out there,but for me it was a new milestone. It was the fastest road ride I've ever done! Woo Hoo!

No comments: