Friday, August 24, 2007

not risking it...

Saturday is the 2nd race in the Derailer series. It's in Danville. The forecasted temperature for Roanoke is 98 at last check...Danville's usuually a few degrees higher than us...so that means it will hover near 100. I'm not going...remember last year? In case you don't here's a quick reminder:
Pretty, huh? Not going through that again this year. If there's one suggestion I would have to the race promoters is to hold the series in the fall...start it in mid - late September and run through the first 2 weeks of November. You're less likely to have heat related problems.
Good luck to all those racing... remember to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. I'll be home fixing a leaky toilet!!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

You are a wise Chicky! Today I'm tired and my arms are sore! The sunburn is odd too considering the amount of time you're in the tree cover there. Be glad you weren't there and needed the aid of the EMTs - they weren't very attentive from what I observed.

I think you're right the socks make all the difference in the world! =) Chickys rock, Luci-wearing chickys rock even more! =)

Have a great week!!!