Friday, January 16, 2009

Ignorance

Went out this morning to start the car so I could warm it up in the 8 degree temps. I entered through the passenger side, stuck the key in the ignition, & started her up. As I shut the passenger door, I heard what sounded like ice sliding off of the roof.....I thought to myself..we didn't have any weather last night. I circle to the back of the car & the back window had completely shattered. Holy Crap! I shut off the car & ran back inside to tell hubby what had just happened. We forumlated a plan. I went back out front and noticed my neighbor's car had paint all over the driver's side window & their side mirror was busted out. Shooot!...some )@($* idiots decided to vandalize property over the frigid evening. Stupid, just plain stupid!

I ran back inside & told hubby we needed to call the cops in addition to the insurance company...

Here's a few pics...nice Huh?





When hubby was on the phone w/ the police, he noticed one of the neighbors driving up the street. They had paint on their car too. I don't know what possesses some people to do such destructive things. Funny thing is you'd think the car alarm would have gone off in the middle of the night. We didn't hear a thing...even the dog slept through the night.


Anwyay..she's in the shop right now getting some new glass. I'm home...I worked 1/2 day this morning, then met hubby at the glass shop so he could take me home and go to work for the other half of the day. It's just a car & it can be fixed. But it's just really stupid the mentality of some of the people in this world!

3 comments:

Jen said...

People really suck sometimes. Sorry about the car. At least yours didn't get the paint on it. I'm sure that's going to be expensive. RE: Spin party - sounds like fun. I may have to join you although my trainer is loud as crap.

Stay warm!

Paula said...

Anytime you want to join us, you are more than welcome. At least the trainers drowned out the sound of booooooorrrrring Chris Carmichael. He wasn't very motivating. I want someone shouting at me pissing me off if I'm doing a workout like that. It was all we could do to stay awake!

Gordon Wadsworth said...

Im so very sorry miss paula! When I had my explorer it got smashed/slashed/broken into three times in the course of my ownership. Once on Christmas eve. I hope your luck is better than mine. Tchuss!